Tampa post-punks Merchandise have established themselves as some sort of breakout stars this year on the strength of their emotive live performances and the raw power of their 2012 release Children Of Desire, and today they celebrate that rise with the re-release of that record and the pressing of their tour release Angels In The Station to tape. More details on that over at their website. They’ve also shared a stunning video of a performance of the ten minute centerpiece of Children Of Desire, “Become What You Are”, on the roof of their Florida home. It’s more intimate and less fuzzed out than its recorded incarnation, but not less emotionally potent. Check that out below along with their few upcoming tour dates.
– 12/06/12 – Miami, FL @ Vagabond w/ Italian Horn, Teen Girl Fantasy
– 12/07/12 – Miami, FL @ Churchill’s w/ Teepee, Lil Daggers, more…
– 12/20/12 – Tampa, FL @ Stoney’s w/ Church Whip, Volcanic Slut, Diamond Hymen
– 01/17/13 – Chicago, IL @ Schuba’s w/ Palma Violets, Sundress (Tomorrow Never Knows Fest)
– 03/07/13 – Savannah, GA @ venue tba (Savannah Stopover fest)
– 03/10/13 – Denton, TX @ 35 Denton w/ Sleep, Roky Erickson, and many more (35 Denton fest)
– 05/31-06/02/13 – Austin, TX @ tba w/ Infest, Framtid, Abigail, Terveet Kadet, and more (Chaos in Tejas)