Tampa post-punks Merchandise have established themselves as some sort of breakout stars this year on the strength of their emotive live performances and the raw power of their 2012 release Children Of Desire, and today they celebrate that rise with the re-release of that record and the pressing of their tour release Angels In The Station to tape. More details on that over at their website. They’ve also shared a stunning video of a performance of the ten minute centerpiece of Children Of Desire, “Become What You Are”, on the roof of their Florida home. It’s more intimate and less fuzzed out than its recorded incarnation, but not less emotionally potent. Check that out below along with their few upcoming tour dates.
- 12/06/12 – Miami, FL @ Vagabond w/ Italian Horn, Teen Girl Fantasy
- 12/07/12 – Miami, FL @ Churchill’s w/ Teepee, Lil Daggers, more…
- 12/20/12 – Tampa, FL @ Stoney’s w/ Church Whip, Volcanic Slut, Diamond Hymen
- 01/17/13 – Chicago, IL @ Schuba’s w/ Palma Violets, Sundress (Tomorrow Never Knows Fest)
- 03/07/13 – Savannah, GA @ venue tba (Savannah Stopover fest)
- 03/10/13 – Denton, TX @ 35 Denton w/ Sleep, Roky Erickson, and many more (35 Denton fest)
- 05/31-06/02/13 – Austin, TX @ tba w/ Infest, Framtid, Abigail, Terveet Kadet, and more (Chaos in Tejas)
No related content found.
Plugging away since 1999, The National finally hit mainstream success with the release of their 2010 album High Violet. Of course, this entailed their first world tour, but in the new documentary Mistaken For Strangers, it’s only the backdrop for the relationship between lead singer Matt Berninger and his younger brother Tom, who had no idea that these short videos he was shooting would turn into a public document of their troubled, if still loving brotherhood.
We talk with Israeli rockers Vaadat Charigim about some of their favorite records.
We talk with Yvonne Ambree and Jesse Barnes of Take Berlin about some of the records which influenced the recording of their debut EP, Lionize.
Latest posts from The Film Stage