Sam Ray, the prolific songwriter behind Baltimore based projects Ricky Eat Acid and Teen Suicide, turned 21 yesterday and is celebrating with the release of a new compilation from Unlimited Free Milkshakes, the record label he co-founded. Art Week 2012 features new tracks from both of Ray’s aforementioned projects as well as contributions from Arrange, Wrassle Mania (who sounds a bit like Coma Cinema’s Mat Cothran), and 1998 Ford Windstar (whose sound quite closely resembles that of Run DMT’s Michael Collins). Ray has mentioned that the compilation features a few established musicians working under pseudonyms, so who knows? Either way, it’s a pretty solid collection of songs and certainly worth your time. Download it at the Unlimited Free Milkshakes’ Bandcamp, and check out the tracklist below.
1. Wrassle Mania – “Hate Fuckers”
2. teen suicide – “salvia plath”
3. The Beekeeper – “Amazing Grace Or Watching You Push Off”
4. cute boy kissing booth – “art week 2012”
5. little boy peep – “I wanna be an astronaut when I grow up”
6. Blithe Field – “Mistakes”
7. Red Alder – “Skies”
8. 1998 Ford Windstar – “Teeyaahkiki (Open country_exposed land_land in open_land exposed to view,)”
9. cumwolf – “michael vick official youtube page”
10. uuuuuu – “morning cinders”
11. Arrange – “What If This Was It For The Rest Of Our Lives?”
12. Ricky Eat Acid – “when you wake up ill be gone little cat”
13. Possible Shapes – “Why Have I Become So Blue?”
14. heroin party – “summoning ritual”
15. Foie Gras – “Curses! Curses I Say!”
16. young muslim – “mo (song for cats)”
No related content found.
Jessica Davies and Katherine Blamire of Smoke Fairies talks with Beats Per Minute about some of their favorite records.
Arrica Rose talks with Beats Per Minute about some of her favorite records.
London-based multi-instrumentalist Duke Garwood takes some time to talk briefly with Beats Per Minute about a few of his favorite records.
Latest posts from The Film Stage