Castle Face Records, headed by Thee Oh Sees’ John Dwyer, is set to release a tribute album to seminal 60′s art-rock record The Velvet Underground & Nico. From the Castle Face website description:
“Full album cover of the classic Velvet Underground record, featuring reimaginations by Kelley Stoltz, Warm Soda, Ty Segall, Blasted Canyons (featuring Jeremy Cox of Royal Baths), White Fence, The Fresh & Onlys, Burnt Ones, The Mallard, Here Comes the Here Comes, K Dylan Edrich, and Thee Oh Sees!!! Limited to 1000 copies EVER. On Banana Yellow vinyl, with original art by David Shrigley.”
This will be a pre-order vinyl release only, with copies shipping out November 6th. Once they’re gone, be prepared to shell out big bucks for second hand copies on the internet. Hurry over to the Castle Face website to get your copy. Check out the tracklist below.
The Velvet Underground & Nico by Castle Face and Friends:
01. Kelley Stoltz: “Sunday Morning”
02. Warm Soda: “I’m Waiting For The Man”
03. Ty Segall: “Femme Fatale”
04. Blasted Canyons feat. Jeremy Cox (of Royal Baths): “Venus In Furs”
05. White Fence: “Run Run Run”
06. The Fresh & Onlys: “All Tomorrow’s Parties”
07. Burnt Ones: “Heroin”
08. The Mallard: “There She Goes Again”
09. Here Comes The Here Comes: “I’ll Be Your Mirror”
10. K. Dylan + The Black Angel’s Death Songsmen: “The Black Angel’s Death Song”
11. Thee Oh Sees: “European Son”
Model-turned-musician Carmen Villain talks with Beats Per Minute about some of the records which helped to shape her own sound.
Pick a Piper frontman and Caribou drummer Brad Weber talks with Beats Per Minute about some of his favorite records.
Our writer Brendan Frank caught up with Canadian duo Japandroids the day after their impressive performance at this year’s Sasquatch Music Festival in Washington to talk to them about the evolution of their sound so far, the origins of the band and more. BPM: So how’s Sasquatch treating you? David Prowse: It’s really good. We [...]
Latest posts from The Film Stage